F5 Networks Configuring BIG-IP Advanced WAF: Web Application Firewall
In this 4-day course, students are provided with a functional understanding of how to deploy, tune, and operate F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall to protect their web applications from HTTP-based attacks. The course includes lecture, hands-on labs, and discussion about different F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall tools for detecting and mitigating threats from multiple attack vectors such web scraping, Layer 7 Denial of Service, brute force, bots, code injection, and zero-day exploits.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Describe the role of the BIG-IP system as a full proxy device in an application delivery network
- Provision the Application Security Manager
- Define a web application firewall
- Describe how ASM protects a web application by securing file types, URLs, and parameters
- Deploy ASM using the Rapid Deployment template (and other templates) and define the security checks included in each
- Define learn, alarm, and block settings as they pertain to configuring ASM
- Define attack signatures and explain why attack signature staging is important
- Contrast positive and negative security policy implementation and explain benefits of each
- Configure security processing at the parameter level of a web application
- Use an application template to protect a commercial web application
- Deploy ASM using the Automatic Policy Builder
- Tune a policy manually or allow automatic policy building
- Integrate third party application vulnerability scanner output into a security policy
- Configure login enforcement and session tracking
- Configure protection against brute force, web scraping, and Layer 7 denial of service attacks
- Implement iRules using specific ASM events and commands
- Use Content Profiles to protect JSON and AJAX-based applications
- Implement Bot Signatures
- Implement Proactive Bot Defense
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.