This course is intended for security and network administrators who will be responsible for the installation, deployment, tuning, and day-to-day maintenance of the F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall.
Administering BIG-IP; basic familiarity with HTTP, HTML and XML; basic web application and security concepts.
In this 4-day course, students are provided with a functional understanding of how to deploy, tune, and operate F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall to
protect their web applications from HTTP-based attacks. The course includes lecture, hands-on labs, and discussion about different F5 Advanced Web
Application Firewall tools for detecting and mitigating threats from multiple attack vectors such web scraping, Layer 7 Denial of Service, brute force,
bots, code injection, and zero-day exploits.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Describe the role of the BIG-IP system as a full proxy device in an application delivery network
- Provision the Application Security Manager
- Define a web application firewall
- Describe how ASM protects a web application by securing file types, URLs, and parameters
- Deploy ASM using the Rapid Deployment template (and other templates) and define the security checks included in each
- Define learn, alarm, and block settings as they pertain to configuring ASM
- Define attack signatures and explain why attack signature staging is important
- Contrast positive and negative security policy implementation and explain benefits of each
- Configure security processing at the parameter level of a web application
- Use an application template to protect a commercial web application
- Deploy ASM using the Automatic Policy Builder
- Tune a policy manually or allow automatic policy building
- Integrate third party application vulnerability scanner output into a security policy
- Configure login enforcement and session tracking
- Configure protection against brute force, web scraping, and Layer 7 denial of service attacks
- Implement iRules using specific ASM events and commands
- Use Content Profiles to protect JSON and AJAX-based applications
- Implement Bot Signatures
- Implement Proactive Bot Defense
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
Want to Take this Course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please constact us. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.
Baton Rouge (225) 293-0656
Lafayette (337) 233-2016
New Orleans (504) 576-1010