Tableau Desktop: Part 1
As technology progresses and becomes more interwoven with our businesses and lives, more and more data is collected about business and personal activities. This era of "big data" has exploded due to the rise of cloud computing, which provides an abundance of computational power and storage, allowing organizations of all sorts to capture and store data. Leveraging that data effectively can provide timely insights and competitive advantages.
The creation of data-backed visualizations is a key way data scientists, or any professional, can explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Tableau® software is designed for this purpose. Tableau was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Tableau's data connection capabilities and visualization features go far beyond those that can be found in spreadsheets, allowing users to create compelling and interactive worksheets, dashboards, and stories that bring data to life and turn data into thoughtful action.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Identify and configure basic functions of Tableau.
- Connect to data sources, import data into Tableau, and save Tableau files.
- Create views and customize data in visualizations.
- Manage, sort, and group data.
- Save and share data sources and workbooks.
- Filter data in views.
- Customize visualizations with annotations, highlights, and advanced features.
- Create maps, dashboards, and stories.
Lesson 1: Tableau Fundamentals
- Topic A: Overview of Tableau
- Tobic B: Navigate the Tableau Interface and Configure Settings
Lesson 2: Connecting To and Preparing Data
- Topic A: Connect to Data
- Topic B: Prepare Data for Analysis
- Topic C: Save Workbook Files
Lesson 3: Exploring Data
- Topic A: Create a View
- Topic B: Customize Data in Visualizations
Lesson 4: Managing, Sorting, and Grouping Data
- Topic A: Adjust Fields
- Topic B: Sort Data
- Topic C: Group Data
Lesson 5: Filtering Data
- Topic A: Dave and Publish Data
- Topic B: Share Workbooks for Collaboration
Lesson 6: Customizing Visualizations
- Topic A: Configure Worksheet Filters
- Topic B: Apply Advanced Filter Options
- Topic C: Create Interactive Filters
Lesson 7: Creating Maps, Dashboards, and Stories
- Topic A: Format and Annotate
- Topic B: Highlight Data
- Topic C: Create Advanced Visualizations
Lesson 8: Creating Maps, Dashboards, and Stories
- Topic A: Create Maps
- Topic B: Create Dashboards
- Topic C: Create Stories
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate Certification Objectives
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.