Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention
What is Sexual Harassment? A class for every employee, this half-day workshop provides an overview of sexual harassment and explains how to prevent it from happening in the workplace.
This half-day workshop teach participants to:
- Explain what is acceptable behavior in the workplace and what is not, and why
- Apply the benefits of harassment training
- Define the varioius types of harassment, including sexual harassment
- Assist in creating a harassment policy
- Demonstrate some ways to protect yourself from harassment
- Know what to do if you are harassed or accused of harassment
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: Defining Harassment
- This session will look at legal, literary, and reasonable man/woman definitions of harassment.
Lesson 3: Defining Sexual Harassment
- This session will discuss sexual harassment in a lecture and small group work. Topics covered include the definition of sexual harassment, the components of harassment, and common scenarios that could be construed as harassment.
Lesson 4: The Purpose of Training
- In this session, we will discuss what kind of harassment training can benefit an organization.
Lesson 5: Protecting Yourself
- There are many things that you can do to minimize your risk of being harassed or being perceived as a harasser. We will discuss six of them.
Lesson 6: What if it Happens to Me?
- During this session we will discuss what you can do if someone is harassing you, including techniques for saying no. Participants will then practice these techniques during a group activity.
Lesson 7: What if it's happening to someone else
- There will often be situations where a manager thinks or knows that harassment is occurring, but a complaint has not been filed. We will discuss what to do in this situation.
Lesson 8: Someone has filed a complaint against me!
- If you are in the situation where someone has filed a complaint against you, do not panic. There are several steps that you can take to deal with the situation appropriately, all of which will be discussed in detail during this session.
Lesson 9: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.