You will identify and apply security techniques. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of securing information.
- Identify the different ways to guard yourself against social engineering exploits.
- Describe the security practices related to computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet.
- Maintain the security of the files and folders stored on your computing devices.
- Identify and protect information against risks associated with the cyber world.
- Identify potential security incidents, ways to respond in the event of a possible breach, and measures to prevent a security breach.
- Identify methods to keep the cloud and virtualized environments secured.
Lesson 1: Securing Information
- Examine Information Security
- Implement Physical Security Measures
- Examine Cyber Security
Lesson 2: Guarding Against Social Engineering Exploits
- Identify Social Engineering Exploits
- Counteract Social Engineering Exploits
- Evolve Social Engineering Organization Policies
Lesson 3: Identifying SecurityMeasures
- TStrengthen Desktop Security
- Strengthen Software Security
- Strengthen Browser Security
- Strengthen Network Security
- Secure Wireless Networks
- Strengthen Mobile Security
Lesson 4: Maintaining File SystemSecurity
- Implement File System Security in Windows 7
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Dispose of Data Securely
Lesson 5: Guarding Against Attacks
- Protect a Computer from Security Threats
- Protect Computers from Virus Attacks
- Protect Computers from Social Network Threats
Lesson 6: Handling Security Breaches
- Identify Incidents
- Respond to Incidents
Lesson 7: Identifying CloudComputing and Virtualization Security Methods
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
- Fundamentals of Virtualization
Appendix A: Security and PrivacyRegulations
Need to Request This Course On a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.Want to schedule it?
Thomas Dunstan, Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office
"I thought the class was outstanding. It went far beyond what I was expecting with regards to content. The section on Reporting Services was exactly what I was looking for, and the rest on multi-dimensional databases and cubes was awesome and will certainly be put to use."(MS 10778)