SC 200T00 Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
Learn how to investigate, respond to, and hunt for threats using Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, and Microsoft 365 Defender. In this course students will learn how to mitigate cyberthreats using these technologies. Specifically, students will configure and use Azure Sentinel as well as utilize Kusto Query Language (KQL) to perform detection, analysis, and reporting. The course was designed for people who work in a Security Operations job role and helps learners prepare for the exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Explain how Microsoft Defender for Endpoint can remediate risks in your environment.
- Create a Microsoft Defender for Endpoint environment.
- Configure Attack Surface Reduction rules on Windows 10 devices.
- Perform actions on a device using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Investigate domains and IP addresses in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Investigate user accounts in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Configure alert settings in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Explain how the threat landscape is evolving.
- Conduct advanced hunting in Microsoft 365 Defender.
- Manage incidents in Microsoft 365 Defender.
- Explain how Microsoft Defender for Identity can remediate risks in your environment.
- Investigate DLP alerts in Microsoft Cloud App Security.
- Explain the types of actions you can take on an insider risk management case.
- Configure auto-provisioning in Azure Defender.
- Remediate alerts in Azure Defender.
- Construct KQL statements.
- Filter searches based on event time, severity, domain, and other relevant data using KQL.
- Extract data from unstructured string fields using KQL.
- Manage an Azure Sentinel workspace.
- Use KQL to access the watchlist in Azure Sentinel.
- Manage threat indicators in Azure Sentinel.
- Explain the Common Event Format and Syslog connector differences in Azure Sentinel.
- Connect Azure Windows Virtual Machines to Azure Sentinel.
- Configure Log Analytics agent to collect Sysmon events.
- Create new analytics rules and queries using the analytics rule wizard.
- Create a playbook to automate an incident response.
- Use queries to hunt for threats.
- Observe threats over time with livestream.