RH 354 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experience Administrators
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354) introduces you to updates in the upcoming Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® release. Intended for experienced Linux system administrators, this course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Course Content Summary:
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using the new packaging, modularity, and appstream features.
- Upgrade from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using new tools.
- Perform integrated file system and volume management using Stratis.
- Use Cockpit for system management.
- Create system images with Composer.
- Configure Identity Management using authselect.
- Understand the Wayland graphical display server.
- Deploy containers using the new integrated OCI runtime and tools.
- Configure firewall rules that use the new NFT back end.
As a result of attending this course, you will be prepared to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and take advantage of key new features of the operating system.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Describe key features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Install or upgrade an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 server to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Manage software with the upgraded Yum package manager and select specific software versions through module streams.
- Use new storage tools to compress and deduplicate data and efficiently manage the storage stack from hardware to file system.
- Adjust to changes to core components of the operating system, including Python 3, Wayland, and Chronybased NTP service.
- Work with the new nftables-backed firewall system.
- Develop and test portable, standards-based containers with the new runtime and toolchain.
- Configure servers efficiently with the updated web-based remote interface and with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles.
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.