F5 Networks Troubleshooting BIG IP LTM
This course gives networking professionals hands-on knowledge of how to troubleshoot a BIG-IP system using a number of troubleshooting techniques as well as troubleshooting and system tools. This course includes lectures, labs, and discussions.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Describe the role of the BIG-IP system as a full proxy device in an application delivery network;
- Set up, start/restart/stop, license, and provision the BIG-IP system;
- Create a basic network configuration on the BIG-IP system including VLANs and self IPs;
- Use the Configuration utility and TMOS Shell (tmsh) to manage BIG-IP resources and use as a resource when troubleshooting;
- Create, restore from, and manage BIG-IP archives;
- Understand and implement troubleshooting methodology to find and resolve issues;
- View resource status, availability, and statistical information and use this information to determine how the BIG-IP system is currently processing traffic;
- Use iApps to update BIG-IP configuration;
- Perform troubleshooting and problem determination activities including using the iHealth diagnostic tool, researching known issues and solutions on AskF5, submitting a problem ticket to F5 Technical Support, and view traffic flow using tcpdump;
- Understand the tools (ping, netstat, tcpdump, ssldump, WireShark, diff, Kdiff3, Fiddler, BIG-IP logs, etc.) available to use to identify BIG-IP and network issues from bottom to top;
- List log files available, understand log levels, and use the appropriate files, log levels, and filters for troubleshooting;
- Use High Speed Logging (HSL) and SNMP trap implementations to perform troubleshooting and problem determination activities;
- Describe the role of iRules in affecting traffic behavior and how to use them to aid with troubleshooting and problem determination.
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.