F5 Networks Configuring BIG IP LTM: Local Traffic Manager
This course gives network professionals a functional understanding of BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager, introducing students to both commonly used and advanced BIG-IP LTM features and functionality. Incorporating lecture, extensive hands-on labs, and classroom discussion, the course helps students build the well-rounded skill set needed to manage BIG-IP LTM systems as part of a flexible and high-performance application delivery network.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Back up the BIG-IP system configuration for safekeeping
- Configure virtual servers, pools, monitors, profiles, and persistence objects
- Test and verify application delivery through the BIG-IP system using local traffic statistics
- Configure priority group activation on a load balancing pool to allow servers to be activated only as needed to process traffic
- Compare and contrast member-based and node-based dynamic load balancing methods
- Configure connection limits to place a threshold on traffic volume to particular pool members and nodes
- Differentiate between cookie, SSL, SIP, universal, and destination address affinity persistence, and describe use cases for each
- Describe the three Match Across Services persistence options and use cases for each
- Configure health monitors to appropriately monitor application delivery through a BIG-IP system
- Configure different types of virtual services to support different types of traffic processing through a BIGIP system
- Configure different types of SNATs to support routing of traffic through a BIG-IP system
- Configure VLAN tagging and trunking
- Restrict administrative and application traffic through the BIG-IP system using packet filters, port lockdown, and virtual server settings
- Configure SNMP alerts and traps in support of remote monitoring of the BIG-IP system
- Use an F5-supplied iApp template to deploy and manage a website application service
- Use iRules and local traffic policies appropriately to customize application delivery through the BIG-IP system
- Configure the BIG-IP to detect and mitigate some common attacks at the network and application layers using LTM features such as SYN check, eviction policies, iRules and Local Traffic Policies
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.