F5 Networks Configuring BIG IP DNS: Domain Name System
This course gives networking professionals a functional understanding of the BIG-IP DNS system as it is commonly used. The course covers configuration and ongoing management of the BIG-IP DNS system, and includes a combination of lecture, discussion, and hands-on labs.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Provision the BIG-IP system for operation
- Back up the BIG-IP system configuration for safekeeping
- Describe how the Domain Name System (DNS) resolves host names into IP addresses
- Describe how the BIG-IP DNS system can participate in the DNS resolution process
- Use DNS Express on the BIG-IP DNS system to accelerate DNS resolution
- Cache DNS query responses on BIG-IP DNS to accelerate DNS resolution
- Load balance DNS queries to a pool of DNS servers and monitor pool health
- Configure the key features of the BIG-IP DNS system to perform intelligent DNS resolution
- Describe the LDNS probes used by BIG-IP DNS to support path-based load balancing
- Configure a wide IP pool to use a path load balancing method
- View and confirm DNS resolution behavior using path load balancing methods
- Use static and dynamic load balancing methods to intelligently resolve DNS queries
- Use persistence to effectively return one or more clients to the same virtual server on each query
- Use manual resume to control certain load balancing behavior in the event of an outage
- Configure and use load balancing decision logs to fine-tune and troubleshoot DNS resolution
- Configure monitors on the BIG-IP DNS system in support of DNS resolution
- Configure BIG-IP DNS to participate in the DNSSEC chain of trust
- Configure limit settings on virtual servers, servers, and wide IP pools to temporarily direct client traffic away from resources that may not be performing at certain thresholds of efficiency
- Configure iRules on a wide IP to customize intelligent DNS resolution
- Describe the other wide IP types provided with BIG-IP DNS
- Configure a BIG-IP DNS sync group
- Apply all the principles learned throughout the course to configure a BIG-IP DNS system based on hypothetical specifications
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.
Need to Request This Course On a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.Want to schedule it?
Jansen Holloway, Acadiana Security Plus
"Mrs. Rona was very intuitive and seemed extremely knowledgeable about the subjects. Very neat way of explaining!"