F5 Networks Configuring BIG IP APM: Access Policy Manager
This three-day course gives network administrators, network operators, and network engineers a functional understanding of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager as it is commonly deployed in both application delivery network and remote access settings. The course introduces students to BIG-IP Access Policy Manager, its configuration objects, how it commonly deployed, and how typical administrative and operational activities are performed. The course includes lecture, hands-on labs, interactive demonstrations, and discussions.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Configure remote access methods Network Access, Portal Access and Application Access and understand the differences and use cases for each
- Configure APM and LTM to work together for advanced application delivery as well as understand the APM + LTM use case versus the remote access use case
- Configure advanced policies using the Visual Policy Editor with all of its features such as macros, branches and multiple endings
- Understand the role of iRules and how they work together with BIG-IP in general and APM in specific
- Understand the role of Federated Single Sign-On using SAML and deploy a basic configuration
- Configure multiple authentication methods and understand how they can work together in a single access policy
- Set up, license, and provision the BIG-IP system out-of-the-box
- Create, restore from, and manage BIG-IP archives
- Use profiles to manipulate the way the BIG-IP system processes traffic through a virtual server
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.
Need to Request This Course On a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.Want to schedule it?
Stacey Rondeno, Samson Rope
"LANTEC has been taking care of our company for over a year - enjoying the relationship!"