Employee Performance Management
Inspiring someone to be their best is no easy task. Just how do you manage for optimum performance? How do you create a motivating environment that encourages people to go beyond their best?
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants some ways of achieving those tasks, including:
- Tools to help employees set and achieve goals.
- A three-phase model that will help participants prepare employees for peak performance, activate their inner motivation, and evaluate their skills.
- Motivational tools and techniques.
- Coaching methods and skills.
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: The Shared Management Model
- To begin, participants will learn about the three-phase model that will be the focus of this course. Participants will also learn about making the employee their own internal manager.
Lesson 3: Setting Goals
- Next, participants will use a goal setting tool to set some goals for the workshop. Then, they will learn how to use this tool in the performance management process.
Lesson 4: Phase I (Preparation)
- During this session, participants will explore how to prepare the employee to go beyond their best using coaching and training. We will also talk about choosing the right person for the job and setting standards.
Lesson 5: Phase II (Activation)
- Participants will learn what the activation phase is all about. They will also learn ways to turn employees into self-motivators.
Lesson 6: Phase III, Part A (Ongoing Evaluation)
- Evaluation is a key component of managing for performance. This session will look at ongoing evaluation, particularly constructive feedback.
Lesson 7: Phase III, Part B (Formal Evaluation)
- Next, participants will learn about formal types of evaluations, including performance reviews.
Lesson 8: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.