A great presenter has two notable qualities: appropriate skills and personal confidence. Confidence comes from knowing what you want to say and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this one day workshop, participants will master the skills that will make them a better speaker and presenter.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Establish rapport with your audience
- Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Understand the techniques, tools, and technology behind delivering a virtual presentation
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Develop techniques to create a professional presence
- Learn some different ways to prepare and organize information
- Prepare, practice, and deliver a short presentation
Lesson 1: Course Overview
The instructor will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objective.
Lesson 2: Communication Apprehension - Overcoming Nervousness
- Communication Apprehension Defined
- Overcoming Nervousness
Lesson 3: Types of Presentations
- Informative Presentations
- Persuasive Presentations
- Demonstration/Instructional Presentations
- Inspirational Presentations
Lesson 4: Virtual Presentation Essentials - Tools and Technology
- Presenter Challenges
- Etiquette and hospitality
- Presentation Tools
- Using Breakout Rooms
- Avoiding Technical Difficulties
- Using Zoom and Microsoft Teams for Presentations
Lesson 5: Analyzing the Occasion
- Analyzing the Speaking Situation
- Analyzing the Audience
- Developing Rapport
Lesson 6: The C's of Communication
- Speaking Clearly, Concisely, Completely, Concretely, Correctly, Considerably, and Courteously
Lesson 7: Preparing Your Presentation
- Patterns of Organization
- Developing an Outline
Lesson 8: Your Speaking Presence
- Your Speaking Voice
- Mastering Non-verbal Communication
- Methods of Delivery
Lesson 9: Add Punch to your Presentation
Lesson 10: Your Presentation
- Mastering Your Material: Preparation, Rehearsal, Presentations, and Debrief
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.
Need to Request This Course On a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.Want to schedule it?
Lauren Prather, Mile Perret Cancer Services
"I LOVED the games & group activities! I enjoyed the atmosphere!"