AZ 040T00 Automating Administration with PowerShell
This course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to use PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows servers. This course provides students the skills to identify and build the command they require to perform a specific task. In addition, students learn how to build scripts to accomplish advanced tasks such as automating repetitive tasks and generating reports. This course provides prerequisite skills supporting a broad range of Microsoft products, including Windows Server, Windows Client, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft 365. In keeping with that goal, this course will not focus on any one of those products, although Windows Server, which is the common platform for all of those products, will serve as the example for the techniques this course teaches.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Describe the functionality of Windows PowerShell and use it to run and find basic commands
- Identify and run cmdlets for locan system administration
- Work with the Windows PowerShell pipeline
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage
- Query system information by using WMI and CIM
- Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables
- Create basic scripts with Windows PowerShell
- Administer remote computers with Windows PowerShell
- Manage Azure resources with PowerShell
- Manage Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.