AWS PD DB - Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
In this course, you will learn about the process of planning and designing both relational and nonrelational databases. You will learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our nonrelational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
After completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
- Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
- Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
- Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
- Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.