This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using Tableau to perform numerical or general data analysis, visualization, and reporting. They need to provide data visualizations from multiple data sources, or combine data to show comparisons, manipulate data through calculations, create interactive visualizations, or create visualizations that showcase insights from statistical analysis.
This course is also designed for students who plan to obtain Tableau® Desktop Qualified Associate certification, which requires candidates to pass the Desktop Qualified Associate exam.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience with importing data and creating data visualizations in Tableau. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
• Tableau® Desktop: Part 1
Optionally, having experience with other data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics™ or customer relationship management (CRM) tools, as well as an understanding of database design concepts or a background in statistical analysis, will help you get even more out of Tableau. The following courses are helpful but not required:
• Google Analytics™: Foundation (Second Edition)
• Database Design: A Modern Approach
• Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Dashboards
The advent of cloud computing and storage has ushered in the era of big data. With the abundance of computational power and storage, organizations and
employees with many different roles and responsibilities can benefit from analyzing data to find timely insights and gain a competitive advantage.
Data-backed visualizations allow anyone to explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Tableau® software is designed for this purpose.
Tableau was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights,
show trends, and create reports. Beyond the fundamental capabilities of creating data-driven visualizations, Tableau allows users to manipulate data
with calculations to show insights, make visualizations interactive, and perform statistical analysis. This gives users the ability to create and share
data-driven insights with peers, executives, and clients.
This two-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Blend data to visualize relationships.
- Join data.
- Access data in PDFs.
- Refine visualizations with sets and parameters.
- Manipulate data with calculations.
- Visualize data with advanced calculations.
- Perform statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Enrich visualizations, dashboards, and maps.
Lesson 1: Blending Data to Visualize Relationships
- Topic A: Blend Data
- Tobic B: Troubleshoot and Refine Data Blends
Lesson 2: Joining Data
- Topic A: Create Joins
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Joins
- Topic C: Merge Data with Unions
Lesson 3: Accessing Data in PDFs
- Topic A: Connect to PDFs
- Topic B: Clean Up and Organize PDF Data
Lesson 4: Refining Visualizations with Sets and Parameters
- Topic A: Create Sets
- Topic B: Analyze Data with Sets
- Topic C: Apply Parameters to Data to Refine Visualizations
Lesson 5: Manipulating Data with Calculations
- Topic A: Create Calculated Fields
- Topic B: Manipulate Data with Functions
- Topic C: Analyze Data with Table Calculations
Lesson 6: Visualizing Data with Advanced Calculations
- Topic A: Create Groups and Bins with Calculations
- Topic B: Analyze Data with LOD Expressions
Lesson 7: Performing Statistical Analysis and Forecasting
- Topic A: Perform Statistical Analysis
- Topic B: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 8: Enriching Visualizations, Dashboards, and Maps
- Topic A: Customize Mapped Data
- Topic B: Enhance Visualizations with Tooltips
- Topic C: Enhance Dashboards with Actions
Appendix A: Multidimensional Data Sources
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to the Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate Certification Objectives
Want to Take this Course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please constact us. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.
Baton Rouge (225) 293-0656
Lafayette (337) 233-2016
New Orleans (504) 576-1010