This course is intended for network administrators, operators, and engineers responsible for managing the normal day-to-day operation and administration of a BIG-IP application delivery network. This course presents the prerequisite knowledge for many other of F5’s BIG-IP instructor-led training courses.
OSI model, TCP/IP addressing and routing, WAN, LAN environments, and server redundancy concepts
This course gives network administrators, network operators, and network engineers a functional understanding of the BIG-IP system as it is commonly deployed
in an application delivery network. The course introduces students to the BIG-IP system, its configuration objects, how it processes traffic, and how
typical administrative and operational activities are performed. The course includes lecture, hands-on labs, interactive demonstrations, and discussions.
After completing this course, students should be able to meet the following course objectives:
- Describe the role of the BIG-IP system as a full proxy device in an application delivery network
- Set up, start/restart/stop, license, and provision the BIG-IP system out-of-the-box
- Create a basic network configuration on the BIG-IP system including VLANs and self IPs
- Use the Configuration utility and TMSH to manage BIG-IP resources such as virtual servers, pools, pool members, nodes, profiles, and monitors
- Create, restore from, and manage BIG-IP archives
- View resource status, availability, and statistical information and use this information to determine how the BIG-IP system is currently processing traffic
- Use profiles to manipulate the way the BIG-IP system processes traffic through a virtual server
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem determination activities including using the iHealth diagnostic tool
- Support, and view traffic flow using TCPDUMP
- Understand and manage user roles and partitions
- Configure and manage a sync-failover device group with more than two members
- Configure stateful failover using connection mirroring and persistence mirroring
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
Want to Take this Course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please constact us. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.
Baton Rouge (225) 293-0656
Lafayette (337) 233-2016
New Orleans (504) 576-1010