This class is ideal to experienced personnel that training and develop new employees.
Coach, Mentor, Role Model, Supporter, Guide... do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being able to draw from several disciplines. Coaching
is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Mentorship is a related skill that is often
a part of coaching. It’s about being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed.
Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- How coaching can be used to develop a team
- The coaching and mentoring skills that help improve individual performance
- The behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- How to recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- How to identify employee problems and ways that they can help correct them
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have
an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- The first part of the morning will be spent exploring what coaching and mentoring mean. Participants will also learn the coaching formula and key skill
Lesson 3: Coaching Assessment Review
- Next, participants will score their pre-assignment and discuss what areas for growth they can identify from it.
Lesson 4: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Communicating well is a key aspect of successful coaching. During this session, participants will explore different communication skills, including
questioning techniques, probing tools, and listening skills.
Lesson 5: Critical Coaching Skills
- In this session, participants will examine important coaching skills in small groups, including helping, mentoring, teaching, and challenging skills.
Lesson 6: Setting Goals with SPIRIT
- This session will share the SPIRIT model for setting goals, as well as ways to help people get on track.
Lesson 7: Learning Styles and Principles
- We learn in three different ways: by seeing, by hearing, and by doing. In a large group discussion, participants will identify ways to incorporate
these methods into coaching. Participants will also learn about the seven principles of adult learning.
Lesson 8: The Benefits/Consequences Matrix
- During this session, we will examine a tool that coaches can use to help gain buy-in for change from employees.
Lesson 9: Skills Involved in Coaching
- Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise that will familiarize them with key coaching skills.
Lesson 10: The Coaching Model
- This session will explore a four-step coaching model that can be applied to any situation.
Lesson 11: Giving Effective Feedback
- Next, participants will learn about the six elements of effective feedback.
Lesson 12: Coaching Problems
- To wrap up the day, participants will examine case studies and offer solutions.
Lesson 13: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Mar 22, 2022
Apr 13, 2022
Jul 26, 2022
Want to Take this Course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please constact us. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.
Baton Rouge (225) 293-0656
Lafayette (337) 233-2016
New Orleans (504) 576-1010