This course is designed for students who wish to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access 2016, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
Knowledge of basic computer functions- Windows 7 or Windows 10
A relational database application such as Microsoft® Office Access® 2016 can help you and your organization collect and manage large amounts of data. Access
is a versatile tool. You can use it as a personal data management tool (for your use alone), or you can use it as a construction set to develop applications
for an entire department or organization. In this course, you will use Access 2016 to manage your data, including creating a new database; constructing
tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access
- Topic A: Orientation to Microsoft Access
- Topic B: Create a Simple Access Database
- Topic C: Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
Lesson 2: Working with Table Data
- Topic A: Modify Table Data
- Topic B: Sort and Filter Records
Lesson 3: Querying a Database
- Topic A: Create Basic Queries
- Topic B: Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Query
Lesson 4: Using Forms
- Topic A: Create Basic Access Forms
- Topic B: Work with Data on Access Forms
Lesson 5: Generating Reports
- Topic A: Create a Report
- Topic B: Add Controls to a Report
- Topic C: Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Topic D: Prepare a Report for Print
- Topic E: Organize Report Information
- Topic F: Format Reports
Want to Take this Course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please constact us. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.
Baton Rouge (225) 293-0656
Lafayette (337) 233-2016
New Orleans (504) 576-1010