MS 20345 2 B - Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019
This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server 2016 messaging environment. Students will learn how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server 2016 deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving, and discovery solutions. In addition, students will learn about coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange Server. The course will provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help students optimize their Exchange Server deployment.
Module 1: Planning Exchange Server 2016 deployments
This module explains the requirements and considerations for planning an Exchange Server deployment.
- New features in Exchange Server 2016
- Gathering business requirements for an Exchange Server 2016 deployment
- Planning for an Exchange Server deployment
- Designing a Unified Messaging (UM) deployment
- Planning Exchange Server 2016 deployments
Module 2: Planning and deploying Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox services
This module explains how to plan and deploy Exchange Server hardware, virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders.
- Planning Exchange Server hardware requirements
- Planning Exchange Server for virtualization and Microsoft Azure integration
- Planning and implementing public folders
- Planning and implementing Exchange virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders
Module 3: Planning and deploying message transport
This module explains how to plan and implement mail routing internally from and to the Internet, and transport-related tasks in the organization.
- Designing message routing
- Designing transport services
- Designing the message-routing perimeter
- Designing and implementing transport compliance
- Planning and deploying message transport
Module 4: Planning and deploying client access
This module explains how to plan for client connectivity and client access in Exchange Server 2016. This module also describes how to implement Microsoft Office Online Server, and the coexistence of SharePoint 2016 with Exchange.
- Planning for Exchange Server 2016 clients
- Planning for client access
- Planning and implementing Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing coexistence of SharePoint 2016 with Exchange
- Designing external client access
- Planning and deploying client access solutions
Module 5: Designing and implementing high availability
This module explains how to design and implement a highly available solution for Exchange Server 2016.
- Planning high availability for Exchange Server 2016
- Planning for load balancing
- Planning for site resilience
- Designing and implementing site resiliency
Module 6: Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
This module explains how to maintain Exchange Server 2016 using Managed Availability and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Using Managed Availability to improve high availability
- Implementing DSC
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
Module 7: Designing messaging security
This module explains how to plan for messaging security and design and implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Azure RMS in an Exchange Server organization.
- Planning messaging security
- Designing and implementing AD RMS and Azure RMS integration
- Designing messaging security
Module 8: Designing and implementing message retention
This module explains how to plan for archiving and message retention.
- Overview of messaging records management and archiving
- Designing In-Place Archiving
- Designing and implementing message retention
- Designing and implementing message retention
Module 9: Designing messaging compliance
This module explains how to plan for and implement several Exchange features to help minimize data loss and monitor email traffic and content.
- Designing and implementing data loss prevention
- Designing and implementing In-Place Hold
- Designing and implementing In-Place eDiscovery
- Designing and implementing messaging compliance
Module 10: Designing and implementing messaging coexistence
This module explains how to plan and implement federation, design coexistence between Exchange organizations, and design and move mailboxes between different forests and Exchange organizations.
- Designing and implementing federation
- Designing coexistence between Exchange organizations
- Designing and implementing cross-forest mailbox moves
- Implementing messaging coexistence
Module 11: Upgrading to Exchange Server 2016
This module explains how to plan and implement an upgrade from previous Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server versions to Exchange Server 2016.
- Planning an upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Implementing the upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2016
Module 12: Planning a hybrid Exchange Server deployment
This module explains how to plan and implement a hybrid deployment for Exchange Server 2016.
- Basics of a hybrid deployment
- Planning and implementing a hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
- Designing the integration with Exchange Online
This course isn't currently on the schedule, but we can add it. Just let us know.